MAGICAL KENYA TRAVEL EXPO 2019 TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPROVED HOSTED BUYERS
We look forward to welcoming you as a Hosted Buyer to the Magical Kenya Travel Expo.
AS A HOSTED BUYER, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Book your international flight, according to the guidelines provided by the MKTE travel manager.
- Complete and submit all documentation requested including a copy of your air ticket that shows the cost.
- Submit a company letterhead with full banking details, including any international SWIFT code or references to allow the refund of 50% against your international economy flight, to a maximum value as specified in your original correspondence. Payment will be processed on confirmation of a completed meeting schedule at the show.
- Submit a colour business photograph of yourself (head & shoulders).
- Sign proposed itinerary and checklist acknowledging terms and conditions detailed in this document.
- Arrange your own travel and medical insurance and provide proof to the organisers.
- Ensure you have a valid yellow fever certificate for entry into Kenya.
- Check what visa requirements apply for your country.
- Attend the expo on all three trade days from 10:00 to 18:00 unless specified otherwise.
- Attend a minimum of 30 meetings during the expo days. If you feel that you may not be able to make an appointment due to unforeseen circumstances you will be required to contact the organiser and reschedule the meeting for a more appropriate time, where possible.
- Non-attendance to the above mentioned appointments without notifying the parties concerned will constitute as a breach of these terms and conditions and you will not be refunded on your ticket cost.
- Attend all official events as detailed in your hosted buyer diary.
- Use available social media links to create awareness for the destination and #MKTE2019 as East Africa’s leading travel trade fair.
MAGICAL KENYA TRAVEL EXPO WILL PROVIDE:
- Accommodation in partner hotels during the fam trip and in Nairobi during the show
- Admission to the Magical Kenya Travel Expo on all show days
- Transfers between the airports, hotels, show venue and official events
- Access to the online diary system for pre-scheduled appointments with exhibitors
- Meals as part of the daily programme where specified
- 50% refund against your international economy flight, to the maximum value as specified in your original correspondence (this will only be approved and processed on confirmation of a completed meeting schedule)
ADDITIONAL COSTS, NOT MENTIONED ABOVE WILL BE FOR YOUR ACCOUNT, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Private transfers – transfers are scheduled to and from the show and official functions. Should you not take the official transfer you will be required to arrange your transport at your own cost
- Food and beverages which are not included as part of the programme and scheduled functions
- Flight changes or upgrades
- Hotel changes or upgrades
- Additional accommodation due to early or late arrivals
- Personal extras
- Tip and gratuities
- Travel & medical insurance or expenses or visa charges
- Additional charges incurred due to missed flights or time changes
- Telephone bills and / or any personal travel related costs.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO NOTE
Flight - Magical Kenya Travel Expo will not take responsibility for buyers missing flights, transfers or scheduled functions and any additional costs incurred are for your own account and may also result in the 50% refund not being paid.
Travel Insurance - Travel Insurance is compulsory and is your responsibility to ensure that adequate insurance is taken out for the duration of your travel to Kenya. Insurance should be in effect from the day of departure up to and including the day of arrival in your country of origin. The organisers and all MKTE third parties will not be liable to assist with any expenses and evacuation out of the country should this apply. For more travel information please contact email@example.com.
Accommodation - Upon check out of the respective hotels, it is your responsibility to settle any outstanding amounts which are not included as part of your hosted status. Please note the hosting does not include certain expenses.
Expenses for your account include but are not limited to:
- Room service
- Telephone bills
- Internet services
- Laundry services
- Mini bars
- Paid TV
Transfers - All transfers within your country of origin in order to access any of the allocated airports for departure will be for your own account. All transfers other than those supplied as part of the programme whilst in Kenya will be for your own account. All buyers will be notified on the programmes as to which functions require transfers and from which departure points.
Attendance - Magical Kenya Travel Expo is responsible for coordination of the Hosted Buyer programme and any queries should be directed to the hosted buyer coordinators or show organisers. As part of the Hosted Buyer status, you are consenting to your contact details being available to the exhibitors during and after the exhibition in order to set additional appointments.
Substitution - Should you have to cancel your attendance and would like to recommend a colleague from the same organisation, please submit the request in writing to the hosting team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your colleague will be asked to complete an application form to ensure all details and profile are captured correctly. Should the substitution be accepted, any additional flight costs incurred will be payable by the buyer’s company.
Cancellations and No Shows - Magical Kenya Travel Expo monitors the participation of all hosted buyers attending the show. Should you be in breach of the terms and conditions above, your company will be notified confirming the reasons of concern. Cancellation or date change penalties may result in your company being invoiced for full travel expenses incurred. Should you need to cancel for any reason, please contact the hosting team at MKTE on email@example.com. Any cancellations received after 15 August 2019 will incur an administration cost of expenses to date.
Health - The onus is on the traveller to ensure compliance with any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to travel, including but not limited to ensure that all necessary vaccination documentation is presented to the relevant officials.
Pre Show Tours - Fam trips will be coordinated through the Magical Kenya Travel Expo organising team. Fam trips have been arranged for buyers to experience highlights of Kenya within a limited time frame. They are allocated according to your country of origin, company profile and areas of interest detailed in your online application form. Buyers are not able to restructure the trip to suit their individual needs, however you are welcome to extend your trip after the expo at your expense.
Cancellation of a fam trip after confirmation will incur a cancellation fee in order to cover costs for flights, accommodation, transfers.
MKTE exercises care in the selection of reputable service providers, but has no control over, or liability for, the services provided by third parties. By your acceptance, we understand you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions. If you engage in a transaction or contemplate to engage to do so and have any misapprehension about such transaction or the implications thereof, you must contact the supplier in person, telephonically or via email, indicating the misapprehension and requesting an explanation. Once a booking is made, it means that if you had any misapprehension it has been explained to your satisfaction. Any legal rights which the you might have in connection with the provision of travel services are against the specific provider and, except to the extent a problem is caused by fault on MKTE’s part, are not against MKTE. Specifically, if for any reason any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have accepted, your rights are against that provider and not against MKTE.
Agency and Third Party Suppliers - On Show Solutions acts as an agent for MKTE and utilises a Flight Centre independent agent to assist with various travel related products for transport, accommodation and other service providers. Our obligation to you is to make travel bookings on your behalf.
Force Majeure - For the purpose of this agreement, circumstances beyond the reasonable control of MKTE or a third party supplier will include, but not necessarily be limited to, any of the following matters:
- Strikes, terrorism, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation or destruction or requisition by order of any government or any public authority or any other Act of State, including prevention or denial of trade, sanctions or closure of borders;
- Denial of the use or unavailability of any railway, port, airport, shipping service or other means of public transport, other than due to default on the part of either Party; and
- Any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control and not within the reasonable expectation of either party.
If either party is prevented from or delayed in performing any of its obligations by circumstances beyond the control of such party as set out in this clause, then it will notify the other party as well as the customer or traveller in writing of the nature and expected duration of such circumstances and of the obligation, performance of which is delayed or prevented, and both parties will thereupon be excused from the performance or punctual performance, as the case may be, of their respective obligations from the date of such notification, for so long as the circumstances or prevention or delay may continue.
KENYA VISA REQUIREMENTS
Please note that all travellers who do not hold a passport for one of the countries listed below in the visa-exempt list are all required to have a Kenyan Visa in order to enter Kenya. You should check with your relevant embassy whether it is allowed that travellers may leave the airport at connecting stopovers in countries.
Visa Exceptions: Passengers with a re-entry permit or a resident certificate issued by Kenya.
Most nationalities can apply online prior to arrival for their Evisa at https://www.ecitizen.go.ke.
To check if the passport you hold is eligible for an Evisa please check at http://evisa.go.ke/eligibility.html. If you are not eligible for an Evisa please contact your local Kenyan Consulate or Embassy for further information of your visa requirements and processing time.
All travellers from eligible nationalities must have a printed e-visa confirmation on arrival in Kenya. Once you have clicked on the link please follow the steps below for your online application.
- Click register on www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Select Register as a Visitor
- Once Logged in, Select Department of Immigration services.
- Select submit Application.
- Select Kenyan Visa.
- Select the type of Visa and read the instructions carefully.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay using visa card, MasterCard, or debit cards.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the EVisa from your eCitizen account.
- Present your printed EVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
Visa Exempt: countries whose nationals do not require a Visa to enter Kenya
- Fiji Island
- Malaysia (up to 30 days)
- New Guinea
- St Lucia
- St. Kitts and Navies
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa (up to 30 days)
- The Gambia
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad & Tobago
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
Please confirm all the visa requirements with the relevant authority in your country of origin.